“An Introduction to D-STAR” by Andrew Hodges 9V1TT
“Echolink – interfacing, demonstration and possibilities” by Royce Ng 9V1AN
“Building and flying multicopters” by Fred Lee 9V1ZK
“9V1RS Repeater Coverage Testing” by Royce 9V1AN
Screening of an old time instructional video illustrating the similarities of wave behaviour in electrical, mechanical and acoustic mediums. The following important ham radio concepts:
- Reflection Coefficient and Reflected Energy
- Characteristic Impedance
were illustrated using easy to visualise mechanical analogs.
No meeting this month.
- Kurita 9V1XX presented a photo show of the International Amateur Radio Exhibition in Friedrichshafen (26-28 Jun 2015) which he visited recently.
- Li Wei 9V1LW and Royce 9V1AN presented a report on the Singapore Makerfaire (11-12 Jul 2015)
- Li Wei 9V1LW gave a short SDR Demo
- No talks
- Will Ellison of Solis Marine Consultants gave a talk on “Collaborating to build the AIS Base Station Network in South East Asia”. Here is the link to the presentation materials: SARTS Presentation REV02 – Website (SEPT 15). Members who are interested in volunteering to be part of the AIS network, please contact Will Ellison <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Joe and Julie Gonzales from the Melbourne Amateur Radio Technology Group’s (MARTG) gave a talk on their entry into the 2015 Global Space Balloon Challenge.
- Barry Fletcher 9V1FJ gave a talk on his ZL7AAA Dxpedition to Chatham Island
- Barry Fletcher 9V1FJ gave a talk on his ZL8-G4MFW Dxpedition to the Kermedec Islands